Top 10 Classic Car Sales from the 2017 Scottsdale Auctions
Photo: RM Sotheby's
Scottsdale was abuzz last week with the world waiting to see which cars sell and at what price. While the results are not yet final, performance from the top 3 auctions including RM Sotheby's, Bonhams, and Gooding look promising with an over 80% sell-through rate, and a total of 336 classic cars finding a new home around the globe.
Here are the top 10 cars sold in Scottsdale last week:
- 1. 1963 Jaguar E-Type Lightweight sold for $7.37 million at the Bonhams auction
- 2. 1939 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster sold for $6.6 million at RM Sotheby's
- 3. 1952 Ferrari 340 America Competizione Spider for $6.38 million at Bonhams
- 4. 1928 Mercedes-Benz Type S Sports Tourer for $4.8 million at Bonhams
- 5. 1969 Ferrari 365 GTS Spider for $3.6 million at RM Sotheby's
- 6. 1925 Bugatti Type 35 Grand Prix Roadster for $3.3 million at Gooding & Co.
- 7. 1995 Ferrari F50 Coupe for $3.1 million at RM Sotheby's
- 8. 1961 Ferrari 400 Superamerica Coupe for $3 million at RM Sotheby's
- 9. 1965 Ferrari 500 Superfast Series I Coupe for $2.9 million at Gooding & Co.
- 10. 1931 Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 Gran Sport Spider for $2.8 at Bonhams