Netherlands VAT increase in 2019A new tax law was signed in the Netherlands, which raises VAT on classic cars to 9% in 2019. The Dutch have previously enjoyed a 6% VAT on classics, one of the lowest in the EU.
We've been following the news and here's what you need to know:
- Classics will continue to be imported through the Netherlands as a 3% increase, although unwelcome, won't discourage most importers
- High value cars can be imported through Germany and the UK, which have a lower 7% and 5.5% duty
- The Dutch tax office will not asses an additional 3% import duty on invoices paid during 2018 where the transactions (goods and service to which the lower VAT rate applies) will take place in 2019
- Consolidation remains available to the Netherlands, Germany, France, UK, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, and more using the fastest shipping routes from our facilities in California and New York. There are currently no delays at the ports, and cargo is leaving on time.
- California (no delays) - 30 days
- New York (no delays) - 9 days
If you're interested in importing classic cars to the Netherlands from the US, there are a few things you should know. Firstly, due to the recent tax law changes, it may be more expensive than before. However, it's still possible to import classics through the Netherlands as the 3% increase is unlikely to deter most importers. Alternatively, you may want to consider importing through Germany or the UK, where the VAT is lower.
When it comes to importing cars from the US to the Netherlands, consolidation remains a popular option. This involves shipping multiple vehicles together in a shared container, which can help to reduce costs. At our facilities in California and New York, we offer consolidation services to the Netherlands, Germany, France, the UK, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, and more. We use the fastest shipping routes to ensure that your cargo arrives on time, and there are currently no delays at the ports.
If you're looking to import a classic car to the Netherlands, now is a great time to do it. With our fast and reliable shipping services, you can have your vehicle delivered in as little as 9 days from New York or 30 days from California. Plus, with our expertise in international shipping, you can be sure that your car will arrive safely and securely. Contact us today to learn more about importing cars to the Netherlands from the US.