Shipping Cars Overseas to Afghanistan through Pakistan
Shipping Cars Overseas to Afghanistan
If you need to have a vehicle shipped to anywhere in Afghanistan then Karachi, Pakistan is a city that you should become familiar with. Why? Because all automobiles transported to Afghanistan will likely need to go through Karachi as Afghanistan does not have any sea ports.
International Car Shipping to Afghanistan
Because of it’s location, Karachi, Pakistan is important for shipping a vehicle to Afghanistan. It is the nearest sea port to Afghanistan and is considered to be a “gateway” port to many central Asian locations in addition to Afghanistan. Unfortunately, there is no rail network in Afghanistan and all trade is conducted by land route from Pakistan and other nearby countries. As such, cars in transit to Afghanistan can be exempted from custom duty and taxes in Pakistan.
Learn more about shipping cars to the Middle East
Advice on Shipping Cars Internationally to Afghanistan
If you need to have an automobile shipped to Afghanistan via Karachi, Pakistan there are a few basic tips that you should be familiar with: International Car Shipping
- Have proper documentation
- Keep all of your papers organized
- Check the citizenship requirements
- Make sure you car meets the required Afghan standards
- Think about potential customs issues
- Prepare to pay VAT taxes
- Make sure you hold a valid Afghanistan drivers license
- Research government transportation license fees
- Get the correct insurance
- Give it time, shipping a vehicle to Afghanistan is not going to be a quick task.
Use our car shipping calculator to see current rates on international car shipping.