Exporting a Californian Registered Car - What the DMV Needs

Posted By Alex Naumov on May 26, 2017 at 9:45 AM

Mercedes sedan from California export

Exporting a car from the United States is virtually the same no matter what state the vehicle is registered in. However, if the car is registered in California, the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires an additional form to be completed and submitted once the car is exported. When you export a car that is licensed in California the DMV requires a Certificate of Exportation REG 32 form to be completed and submitted to their office. But who wants to spend hours in line at the DMV? 

To save you your time and sanity, we can provide a bill of lading to you after the vehicle is shipped. All you have to do is send this bill of lading to the DMV, and they will remove the vehicle from their system.

Topics: Car Shipping, Classic Cars, Car Shipping Guide

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Shipping Calculator

RSS Feed

Insane 900hp Corvette C7.R from Gumball 3000

When Chevrolet participates in endurance racing it uses the Corvette C7.R race car which produces just under 500hp. Apparently the horsepower was not enough for the owner of this Corvette C7.R...Read more

10 Incredible Cars For Sale At This Year's Monterey Car Auctions

Photo Courtesy of RM Sotheby's It's that time of the year again when thousands of incredibly special cars go on sale in California. Taking place each year, the Monterey Car Auctions attract...Read more

What the Proposed 2040 UK Ban on Internal Combustion Engine Vehicles Means For Classic Cars

The UK government has announced a plan to ban the sale of new vehicles powered by internal combustion engines starting in 2040. They also plan to impose further taxes on high polluting vehicles, and...Read more