Top Cars You Can Now Legally Import To Australia in 2023
The beauty about "classic cars" is that they are forever changing. For Australia any car more than 25 years old can be imported. In NZ it can be 20 years.
This means that there is always new opportunities to seek rare cars.
Although in Australia in 1998 the Holden and Ford sedans were king , in the USA the Pick Up and SUV was huge in popularity making 5 of the 10 biggest selling cars of 1998. One of these was the Ford Ranger which all this time down the road is very popular locally.
- Ford F-Series - link
- Chevrolet C/K Pickup - link
- Ford Ranger - link
- Dodge Ram Pickup - link
- Chevrolet S10 Pickup - link
US sport cars have often been super slick. Just like these:
Whatever your taste, enjoy taking a look at what may be possible in 2023.
These are just a few of the many American cars that are popular in Australia. If you are looking for a car that is stylish, powerful, and reliable, an American car is a great option.
Here are some of the factors to consider when importing a car from the USA to Australia:
- Age: Cars must be at least 25 years old to be imported into Australia.
- Compliance: Cars must meet Australian safety and emissions standards.
- Shipping costs: Shipping costs can be expensive, so it is important to factor this into the overall cost of the car.
- Registration and insurance: Cars imported from the USA will need to be registered and insured in Australia.
If you are considering importing a car from the USA to Australia, it is important to do your research and understand the process. There are a number of companies that specialize in importing cars from the USA, and they can help you with the process.